Use this table to go into specific spot
- 1 What is CompTIA Cloud+ (plus) certification all about?
- 2 Why should you get CompTIA Cloud+ certification?
- 3 What will you learn throughout the CompTIA Cloud+ certification?
- 4 Education requirements for CompTIA Cloud+ certification
- 5 CompTIA Cloud+ (plus) Eligibility Criteria
- 6 What types of job will you get after CompTIA Cloud+ certification?
What is CompTIA Cloud+ (plus) certification all about?
CompTIA Cloud+ certification is a vendor-neutral cloud computing certification, i.e. the certification would be valid and work for all types of available specific vendors in order to get entry level job in cloud computing industry.
Nowadays every company want to be in the cloud it becomes a norm for every growing industry, therefore, they get more dependent upon this phenomenal expanding technology. And as the dependency growing on cloud technology, every single company want to get more than one cloud services in their offices. For this, a cloud engineer has to design multi-cloud environments.
So if you know how the collaboration work in between two and more cloud environments, it will definitely make your persona different from your colleagues or other cloud computing job seeking candidates. So the CompTIA Cloud+ certification helps you to get understand the multi-cloud environments.
CompTIA Cloud+ is the most demanded vendor-neutral cloud computing certification in the IT industry all around the world.
CompTIA Cloud+ certification is based on the IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) cloud service. Read about the different services in the cloud.
This cloud certification motive is to avail the working techniques and method behind the whole cloud infrastructure.
So by getting CompTIA cloud+ certification, you would get understanding about the fundamental technologies of cloud computing. And the skills set which is required to maintain and optimize cloud infrastructure services.
Why should you get CompTIA Cloud+ certification?
Along with cloud skills and knowledge, CompTIA Cloud+ also help you to get understand the networking fundamentals and security parameters. This overall knowledge would be helpful to understand cloud infrastructure services in a better way.
Thus CompTIA Cloud+ makes you a tough candidate in this competitive industry in order to get the job and maintaining the position in your current organisation.
CompTIA Cloud+ certification is the only vendor-neutral certification that covers more than one vendor-specific technology.
This Cloud Certification is best for those candidates who want to become a Cloud Practitioner. Therefore if you just want to get enter into cloud computing industry by getting an entry-level job the Cloud+ certification is one of the best choices you would have.
What will you learn throughout the CompTIA Cloud+ certification?
- Various types of Cloud services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, XaaS, etc.) & deployment models (Private, Public, Hybrid, etc.)
- Different types of Virtualization and hypervisor (Type-1(Bare metal) & Type-2(Hosted)) techniques available in the market.
- Different types of migration techniques (Physical to Virtual (P2V), Virtual to Virtual (V2V), Virtual to Physical (V2P) etc.)
- Networking: LAN, MAN, WAN, QoS, NAT, PAT, Subnetting, VLAN and VLAN tagging, Network port configurations, load balancing, routing & switching in physical and virtual environments.
- Introduction to basic protocols: HTTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, HTTPS, FTPS, SFTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, WMI, IPMI, Syslog service
- Network Security: ACLs, VPNs, IDS/IPS, Hardware and software-based firewalls, DMZ, Review/audit logs, various Attacks, PKI, IPSec, SSL/TLS, Ciphers (AES, 3DES, RSA)
- Configurations & Deployment of the cloud: Understand system requirements to successfully execute workload migrations to the cloud.
- Management: Determine the proper allocation of cloud resources and apply necessary changes based on performance report.
- How to maintain the cloud infrastructure by using appropriate technologies and processes, including automation and orchestration, to ensure desired system performance.
- Tools and techniques to troubleshoot the connectivity and security-related issues in the multi-tenant cloud infrastructure.
Education requirements for CompTIA Cloud+ certification
Although there is no such requirements mention in CompTIA official website for a candidate to appear in the CompTIA Cloud+ certification examination. But find career info recommend at least a bachelor’s degree in any of the streams. However, if you have bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics or any technical bachelor’s degree related to IT and Computer will be a plus.
Generally, a candidate should have bachelor’s degree in order to compete in this harsh world and move further (get promoted) in the cloud industry.
The important must have Education before going to Cloud+ certification (According to Find Career Info):
You must have intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure. To pursue cloud computing as a career path.
Why should you have to know some fundamentals of network infrastructure? Hypothetically if you don’t know how two devices are connecting with each other and how the communication happens between two devices?
So how can you expect, you would be capable of solving the cloud complex infrastructure and gives a cloud-related solution to the organisation, where you are working.
Network+ and Cisco R&S certification is not a mandatory certification that you should have the only thing mater is your knowledge about network infrastructure.
However, you can apply for CompTIA Cloud+ certification even though you don’t have any IT certification.
CompTIA Cloud+ (plus) Eligibility Criteria
So who can appear to get the CompTIA Cloud+ certification and become a CompTIA Cloud certified professional?
To be a competitor in this CompTIA certification program a person should have at least 2 to 3 years (24-36 months) of work experience in IT industry dealing with networking, network storage, data center administration or system administration.
What types of job will you get after CompTIA Cloud+ certification?
The designation you would get depends upon the education and skills set you possessed. These are the following position that you can uphold in an organisation…
- Cloud Practitioner
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Specialist
- Network Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Project Manager
- Cloud Computing Services
- Cloud Engineer
- Data Center SANs
- Business Analyst
Get complete details related to CompTIA Cloud+ examination such as fees, number of questions, syllabus etc. Click Here