This article could be a great help if you are about to select Artificial Intelligence career path as a career option. (Or) Just curious to know about the artificial intelligence as a career option.
This article aim is to provide an overview knowledge of Artificial Intelligence. So that you can easily decide this is the appropriate career option for you…. or not.
But before a start, I want to inform you this is the vast field. And difficulty level is a bit high as compared to other career options existing in the industries.
I do not have the intention to intimidate and bleak you. I am just informing the right thing.
That does not mean you cannot do it and just let it go without giving a try. Everything is hard and impossible before trying it.
Although, it is also true that the career growth in AI is more as compared to others career option. They earn well and also have lots of opportunities.
Anyone can do anything with the right guidance and diligence to learn.
All right, findcareerinfo will help and guide you on how you can start a career in artificial intelligence. Here’s how I am going to make it easy for you to start a career in artificial intelligence.
You will get to know! About these things…
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Is there any difference between Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning?
- What is the education qualification and skills required for AI?
- What are the tools/ Framework used?
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer Job description.
- Career scope in Artificial Intelligence.
And in this article, you can also read some useful tips and notes which would be helpful to start the career in Artificial Intelligence.
Use this table to go into specific spot
- 1 What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- 2 Success Examples of Artificial Intelligence
- 3 Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- 4 Difference between AI and Machine Learning
- 5 Essential Qualification before learning AI (Prerequisite)
- 6 Skills required in Artificial Intelligence Career path
- 7 The Tools/ Machine Learning Frameworks used by AI
- 8 What exactly does an AI engineer do?
- 9 Top Artificial Intelligence Companies
- 10 AI Career Scope
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Prof. John McCarthy the father of Artificial Intelligence, defines as “The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs”.
In other words, Artificial Intelligence is a way of making an electronics machine to think intelligently.
The motto of AI is to build a machine, who can think, learn, behave and understand independently as humans and even surpass him.
Artificial Intelligence is also able to adapt new situations based on current happening situations.
Success Examples of Artificial Intelligence
 The most popular example of Artificial Intelligence is AlphaGo developed by Google DeepMind.
AlphaGo beat the professional Go player Lee Sedol in March 2016 in Seoul, South Korea. AlphaGo wins 4 round out of 5 rounds. After this huge victory, Artificial Intelligence left a mark on the world and change the many of views.
If you want to know more about this extraordinary AI (AlphaGo), Click Here for more details
 One more success adds to the field of AI. When OpenAI defeated the world’s top professionals in the online multiplayer game Dota 2.
 One more example we can talk about is Watson. Watson is developed by IBM’s DeepQA project team. It is also capable of giving answers to those questions, which is posed in natural language. Natural language such as speech or singing.
 Sophia Robot: This humanoid robot developed by Hanson Robotics with the collaboration of Alphabet Inc (Google’s parent company ).
This robot was activated in 2015 and from that time she surprised many brilliant minds with her answers and expressions. Sophia can create more than 62 facial expressions.
Achievements of Sophia: First ever non-human holding the title of United Nations. Sophia is the first robot to receive citizenship from any country (In October 2017 Saudi Arabia gives him citizenship).
 Atlas Robot: This humanoid robot developed by Boston Dynamics in the year 2013.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence has already touched our lives in many ways that you might not notice, for example…
- Suggested Ads pops up in your Facebook feed based upon your searching history or cookies.
- Have you ever played games such as solitaire, chess, poker etc. and you choose your opponent as a computer? You might not know but your opponent is an AI.
- Every time we go on google search some kind of AI being used to show us the best possible result.
- We need Translation between languages when we go to other countries. So we use Google translate, which is also using AI.
There are many applications of AI. Actually, we are quite surrounded by Artificial Intelligence. Now it has become a part of our daily routines.
Difference between AI and Machine Learning
These two terms are correlated to each other and use interchangeably. For this reason, it creates lots of confusion in many of us brain.
But, they are not the same term. Let’s understand with an example to clear our wrong perception.
If AI is – tree then ML is – the Branch of tree
As we know, Artificial Intelligence is ‘Smart’ then who makes it smart? Offcourse the ‘Data’ and who feeds that data to AI? Yes, you are absolutely right Machine Learning provide the data to AI.
Note: Machine Learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence. We can say that the backbone of AI is Machine Learning.
Without Machine Learning machine can’t able to perform any task on its own.
Therefore you have to get some knowledge of ML if you opt Artificial Intelligence as a career.
Related: Machine Learning as a Career path
Tips: To become a success in Artificial Intelligence career path. Then, you must have a clear understanding of how machine learns from the scratch.
Essential Qualification before learning AI (Prerequisite)
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the subject is required. But, Bachelor’s in computer science got more preference than others.
- Mathematics: You should have to know about these following topics…
- Languages: If you know many languages such as Chinese, Spanish, English and Hindi is a plus.
- Science: Physics and Biology [In biology, you should go for Psychology and Neuroscience]
- The knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics is a plus.
Note: Python is the most popular language in Artificial Intelligence technology. Therefore, Python is one of the most widely used programming languages. All credit goes to its simple syntax which is easy to learn and implement.
Tips: Initially you can focus on 1 to 3 programming languages, no need to learn all the languages at the same time. Make sure to include Python on your learning list.
Skills required in Artificial Intelligence Career path
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Machine Learning
- Algorithm design and development
- Knowledge representation and reasoning (KR)
- Programming Languages
- Neural Networks
- Graphic Design
Note: I am not saying learn all those skills. If you possess multiple skills from the above skills set then it is easy for you to grab the job in the Artificial Intelligence. And easy for you to become an Artificial Intelligence Engineer.
The Tools/ Machine Learning Frameworks used by AI
- Apache MXNet
- Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK)
- Spark MLlib
Among from this framework, TensorFlow is the most popular machine learning library developed by Google.
I think now you have realised; how much vast Artificial Intelligence technology is? Therefore, to learn all those things takes too much time. So my suggestion for all the aspirants of Artificial Intelligence is to learn a few skills and become an expert in those skills. With the help of those expert skills of yours, you can start your career in Artificial intelligence.
I would suggest everyone before following artificial intelligence career path or any other career choices. You should have explicit knowledge of what types of work responsibilities would come to your hand.
And this is the essential thing because it tells whether you are fit for that career option or not.
Also, it gives you positive inner vibes if you know what exactly you will be responsible for doing in this career option. After, further completing your education.
Ok, so let’s understand what you are going to do as an Artificial Intelligence engineer.
What exactly does an AI engineer do?
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Implement and evaluate algorithms.
- Data mining and analysis of the data.
- Design, develop and maintain artificial intelligence-enabled managed services.
- Perform research to make AI/machine learning more applicable to the real world problems.
- Architect, implement and test data processing pipelines.
- Provide software design and programming support to the team.
Top Artificial Intelligence Companies
- Google DeepMind
- Facebook AI Research (FAIR)
AI Career Scope
The field of AI has been growing extremely quickly in the last few years. From Apple Siri to self-driving cars, AlphaGo, IBM Watson and many more innovations taking palaces.
The Companies all over the world are trying to implement Artificial Intelligence in their system to improve the efficiency of daily tasks and increase the productivity.That shows lots of opportunities for AI aspirants.
In addition, you also need to aware of the jobs prospect. Thousands of job openings in Artificial Intelligence posted on job Portals worldwide but at the same time, most of the positions are unfilled.
Because there are too few qualified applicants. If you decided to opt a career in Artificial Intelligence. Then you must have good knowledge of AI.
After all, you are actually going for one of the most advanced technology.
Definitely, Artificial Intelligence is one of the trending careers in the world. And in the future, I don’t see any prospect of stopping that growth.
Why am I am sure about future growth? Because we will never stop using technologies.
As statistics shows, our consumption of using technologies day by day is increasing rapidly. We all love new and better technologies.
In other words, that’s why we eagerly wait to buy new iPhone as soon as it launched in the market.
If you are decided to make a career in this hot trending technology, then I am sure your career is bright ahead.
I hope this article gives you a basic knowledge to pursue your Artificial Intelligence career path.
Let me know what you think about Artificial Intelligence career path. Share your opinions and experiences in the comments below!