Indeed become a water slide tester is quite fascinating, thrilling and adventures.
Who does not like to ride the water slides in the summer hot weather? And if you will get paid for just doing water sliding there is nothing better than this in the world.
Yah! This will be like a dream comes true. Have a job while having fun, seems to like a dazzling career option.
But before opting this career option, you must have to consider the further below points. It will be worth reading if you are thinking to go in this career path.
About the Water Slide Testing
As most of the people assume that it is the easiest jobs in the world and they can easily make money. Although, the truth is slightly different than you think.
Yes, there is no doubt to be a water slide tester is one of the amazing and coolest professions around the world. But you must have strong physic to tackle the muscle stress and stretch during the ride.
To maintain the physic you need to do regular exercises and take the proper nutrition and diet.
Water slide tester must know about these two fun factors. These two factors are responsible for the success of every water slide ride in the world.
[ Factor 1 ] Adrenaline
Adrenaline activates in the body when a person feeling excitement, fear, or anger. And because of this, a person may face increasing rates of blood circulation, heavy breathing and increment in heartbeats.
[ Factor 2 ] Biggest Splash
When an object opposes the water surface then, a splash generate.
An experienced water slide tester can determine the above two factors in few moments. And able to give the opinion like; is this slide is stressful or stress releasing for people?
Being a water slide tester, you have to repeat the same slide few times to get the correct data. So you can able to give the honest opinions about the water slides to your employers.
Sometimes you may also get some minor injuries during your water slide testing jobs.
I hope you got that; In the world, there are no such types of job, which does not have a struggle. And the same applies for this job.
The only thing makes every job easy is your passion and dedication for the job.
What are the education and skills required to become a water slide tester?
You absolutely do not need any academic degree and toughest skills set to become a water slide tester.
If you entered into your adulthood (18 or above is the ideal age) then congratulations you can apply for this job.
Although some of the basic skills you need are…
- Stable and calm mind
- Daring to ride all types of ride
- Be active on the social media (like Facebook and Twitter)
If you do not have any of those skills then no worries. All the skills you will go to learn while doing the water slide testing.
There will be no coach to train you. That means you have to train yourself.
Water slide tester Job Description
- Ensure the safety measures are up to the mark of the water slide rides.
- Assure before the opening of the slides. Does this ride be enjoyable and thrilling (No! Not that much scary that no one going to jump into the ride) enough for the public?
- Note down every aspect of the ride either it is bad or good.
- Give the honest feedback to the water slide technicians and managers or some who is currently in charge.
- If the ride has some safety issues. Then water slide tester helps the technical person to improve the safety while being the ride enjoyable and vice versa.
- Measures the right slipperiness and time taken to complete a ride.
- Analyse the coolest features on the slide. And sometimes they also suggest the name of the rides.
- Test the slides and give the overall rating.
- Distinguish the water park ride based on the age. And mark the age restriction on those water slides.
- Review the water theme park rides on the social media to make people aware so that theme park becomes popular among the people.
Using few words you can define the job responsibility of a water slide tester; They have to ensure people must have Max fun with Max safety
The resorts and water theme park need the water slide tester in the hot fire weather (summer). And also no tester will agree to do the test ride in the winter. Therefore this is the 4 to 6 months part-time job (Sadly!). So you can work as a water slide tester while pursuing your college degree or any education.
If you decide to opt this career and want to become a professional water slide tester full-time. Then you have to wait every year for next summer season. You can say that you will be like unemployed for 4 to 5 months every single year.
Or you can do some other jobs for few months while waiting for the summer. So keep this in mind before choosing this career option. And then apply for water slide tester job. Although getting this dream job of yours could be a bit tougher than you think.
But at last being a water slide tester is definitely a Fun! And Amazing Job opportunity.
You can watch this two video to grab some more details about a water slide tester.
 This video provides details how a water slide tester test water slides and make them enjoyable and successful.
 Watch this video to know about the lifestyle and working hours of legendary water slide tester – Deb Poole. She chose water slide testing as a full-time career option and make it a profession. Know Deb Poole practice sessions and how she feels about their job.